These days Evey Home and office have a local network and internet connection. The home network or small office network enables multiple devices e.g. PCs, tablets, Mobile, etc to connect and also to connect to the internet. his article helps you to set up your home network.
Why We set up a Home Network?
Because we should know how to configure proper IP addressing, lock networks from intruders, create accounts for everyone who accesses them, and set up sharing for files and folders.
If you can do those things (and you can) you will have a centrally controlled, robust network with better security. Also, having a good handle on your network allows remote access to the device and more efficient control over the data on the network.
For parents, the ability to see what children are accessing and control what they can use if you have found a structured home network.
How to set up a home network?
there are 5 steps to set up a home network.
- Connect your router
- Configure your Router interface
- Configure security and IP address
- Setup sharing And Control
- Setup User account
Best Home Network Setup 2020
1.)Connect your Router:- Router Provide gateway between the Internet and your home network. It is also how all the devices on your network communicate with one another.
You will also want to ensure that any device that will connect to the router also has an appropriate network adapter. For older laptops or desktops you can purchase compatible adapters.
Once you’ve got the right router, you have to set it up, and the first step is to physically connect your router to a modem provided by your ISP with an Ethernet cable.
Follow These Steps ->
- First, unplug or turn off the cable or DSL modem.
- Power up your wireless router and connect the network cable that most likely comes with it into the port on the router that is labeled “Internet” or “WAN.”
- Connect the DSL modem and power up the modem.
- Don’t connect any devices such as laptops or tablets until you have a good strong signal indicating a WAN connection on both the router and modem.
2.)Configure your router interface:- next step go to routers interface(it is also known as the management console. connect your laptop or pc to your router then access the interface through any browser.
Almost router came with default IP address-HTTP://192.168.0.1 and default user name admin and also admin password. if you want to change your laptop or pc IP settings to match those of the router’s to connect to it for configuration. This allows the laptop to communicate with the router, so you can access your router’s software for setup via the laptop or pc.
Connect Your Ethernet cable to LAN ports In the router and the other end of the cable to the Ethernet port of your laptop or pc. Then Go to your window(7,8,8.1,10) Control Panel and click to open “Network and Internet” and then “Network and Sharing Centre.”
Follow these steps->
- From the left-hand window, click “Change adapter settings.”
- Right-click on “Local Area Connection” (not the Wireless Network Connection) and select “Properties.”
- Highlight “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IP v4)” and once again, click “Properties.”
- Set the first radio button to “Use the following IP address:” and enter the information as shown in the image above.
- Once you’ve applied the changes, open up a browser and go the web address of (in our example) the Cisco/Linksys interface by typing http://192.168.1.1 and using the account name “admin” and password “admin.” Then you are all set to configure security and other settings.
3.)Configure security and IP address:- After Configuration of the router. you must configure your IP address and security. because You never want anybody stealing your data and wifi or bandwidth.
you can change your Ip address or security in your router interface. They may also be under “Security” or “Wireless Settings.” Router interfaces vary, so if you can’t find the settings to configure within the router’s interface pages then
Follow these steps ->
- Change the default administrator password. The settings for the admin password are usually under the “System” tab or page of the interface. You can just enter a new password in the new password field.
- Change the router’s default SSID. The SSID is the broadcasted name of your wireless network. That’s the name that shows up as the network’s name when you scan for available networks.
- Almost Router comes with WPS security. Here we Want Full control on Network then change WPS To Manual. change The default password with a strong password.
- You Can Chane Your Ip address for extra security ex 192.168.1.1 to something like 192.168.1.3.
- Disconnect the laptop or pc and reboot it. When the pc on the back from reboot you should see the SSID name of your wireless network and be able to connect to it with the password you created.
4.)Set up sharing and control:- Here You set A HomeGroup in your Pc or laptop. The quickest method to connect Windows PC to the same network is by using the homegroup. The only limitation of using this method is that you can only connect windows PC and that too windows 7 & above To Create a Homegroup go to Your window Screen, Here we have Windows 10 if you have then followed these Steps.
How to set up a home network in Windows 10
Follow these steps ->
- Before we get on to creating homegroup, we will need to do two settings- First, we will need to enable the network for that to go to start menu, then settings- Go below to network and sharing center. From the left-hand side – click on advanced sharing settings and we are on on the network profile.
- Under private current profile- we will need to turn this on – Homegroup connections – its already turned on – Allow windows to manage homegroup connections which are the recommended option. Under network discovery, File sharing can be kept as turned on.
- We will now need to check the next setting which is under windows file explorer- let’s open this. Go to the view tab and from the far-right- open options and click on the change folder and search options. click on view tab – scroll down use sharing wizard which is recommended, ensure that this is checked, ok
- let’s now create a homegroup. Do a right-click on the start menu. Go back to control panel and under network and internet- you have this choose homegroup option – create a homegroup, Next – shared, Document is not shared, you may decide whether you want to share this or not, Next. This creates a password, which we will need to enter into the other PC.
- On the start, the menu does the right click and go to control panel and under network and internet – click on the homegroup, Join now, Next. Decide what do you want to share- Libraries and folders, by default rest all are set to shared, documents are set to non shared. I am choosing to share and next. This creates a password, which we will need to enter into the other PC or Devices.
5.)Setup User account:- Here you setup user account in your way.to setup user account go to your windows screen.
Follow these step ->
- In Windows 10 Control Panel, select the User Accounts icon. User accounts will let you configure your account and its settings.
- To add and configure other users, from User Accounts, click on “Manage User Accounts,” and then click on the “Advanced” tab.
- Under “Advanced User Management” click “Advanced” to open up Local Users and Groups.
- Right-click on either “Users” or “Groups” to add either to your network
Thanks For Here….Read More HomeHacks